RENU brings together public and private research and higher education institutions in Uganda whose core mission is to provide a better education and research environment geared towards the development of the country.
The motivation is to collectively address the similar challenges we face through a collaborative approach.
RENU was born on 14th Day of January 2006, at an inception workshop held at Windsor Lake Victoria Hotel in Entebbe, where the Vice-Chancellors and Chief Executives of Universities and Research Organisations signed an MOU.
At this workshop, they resolved as follows:
- To establish the Research and Education Network for Uganda (RENU).
- To set up a Task Team as defined in this MoU to carry the agreed activities forward.
- To establish a legal entity that will be the vehicle for the realisation of our objectives.
- To ensure that RENU is an open network where admission to membership is subject only to objective qualification for membership.
- To accept the Articles of this MoU as defining the process and procedures for an interim period of one year, starting 14th January 2006.
Join the Network.. How we work..
Last Updated on Wednesday, 18 December 2013 05:33